Professor and Dept. Head Ming-Hui Chen has been selected as a Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor Congratulations Professor Ming! Read more about this story here, https://today.uconn.edu/2021/04/five-uconn-faculty-honored-as-board-of-trustees-distinguished-professors/
Author: Lim, Heeju
Stat Undergrads Selected UConn McNair Fellows for 2021
Congratulations to Stat undergrads Christine Nguyen and Uyen Le who have been selected to be UConn McNair Fellows for the fall 2021 semester! Find out more about the McNair Fellowship.
– Chongliang Luo ’17 PhD has accepted an Assistant Professor position at Washington University
Chongliang Luo ’17 PhD has accepted an Assistant Professor position at Washington University in St. Louis after completing a post-doctoral position at University of Pennsylvania. Congratulations!
– Shariq Mohammed ’18 PhD has accepted an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Biostatistics at Boston University
Shariq Mohammed ’18 PhD has accepted an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Biostatistics at Boston University after completing a post-doctoral position at the University of Michigan. Congratulations!
– Irene Soteriou, ’23 (CLAS), a cognitive science and statistics double major at the University of Connecticut, has been honored with The Newman Civic Fellows Award
– Prof. Dipak Dey is a newly elected member of the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering.
– Prof. Ofer Harel has been appointed by UConn CLAS as Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Affairs.
Ofer Harel, professor and director of graduate admissions, will assume the position of Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Affairs on March 15, 2021. A member of the UConn Department of Statistics since 2005, Ofer’s scholarship includes methods for handling incomplete data, verification bias, and Bayesian analyses. He is a member of an NIH […]
– Asst. Prof. Yuwen Gu selected as one of the first recipients of the Makuch Awards in Mathematics and Data Science.
Two CLAS Faculty Receive First Makuch Awards in Mathematics and Data Science
– The audiobook was published by David Salsburg, ’66 PhD.
David S. Salsburg (born 1931) is a retired pharmaceutical company statistician who graduated UConn in 1966. He had taught at Harvard, Yale, Connecticut College, the University of Connecticut, the University of Pennsylvania, Rhode Island College, and Trinity College and has been a Fellow of the American Statistical Association since 1978. His 2002 book The Lady […]