The UConn Department of Statistics attracts talented graduate students each year and provides them with top-quality education and mentorship. As a result, our alumni pursue careers in industries like health care, insurance, pharmaceuticals, technology, and social networking, as well as in academia and the public sector.
Career Resources for Graduate Students
Graduate students can use the Department’s network of faculty, alumni, and industry connections to network and gain professional experience. For example:
Center for Career Development
The Center for Career Development offers resources tailored especially for graduate students and postdocs. The Center also offers:
- Career center events, such as seminars, careers fairs, networking opportunities, and alumni career panels.
- Career coaching for help with résumés and CV critiques, practice interviews, and job searches in and outside of the academy.
- A job market insights dashboard, where you can search for information about top employers, employment trends, salaries, and more.
- Resources for Academic Job Searches.
- A career community for Doctoral Students.
External Career Resources
- American Statistical Association (ASA) website - Your Career.
- USAJobs, the U.S. Federal Government’s official employment site.
- StatsJobs, a job site that specializes entirely on the job market for professional statisticians, data analysts, and data scientists.
- icrunchdata, which offers a job board, industry insights, and resources for career advancement.